These are some interesting facts about the Amazon Rainforest, hope you find them interesting!
1. The Amazon Rainforest is the biggest tropical rainforest in the whole world, covering at least 1.4 billion acres of the world.
2. The Amazon Rainforest is so big that it spreads into many different countries which are Brazil, Peru, Ecuador, Venezuela, Colombia, Bolivia, Suriname, and the French Guiana, which are all in South America.
3. The Amazon Rainforest is home to about two and a half million types of insect species and over 40,000 types of plant species.
4. The Amazon Rainforest has existed for at least 55 million years.
5. There are approximately 3,000 fruits that grow in the Rainforest that are safe to eat.
6. It is also known as the 'Lungs of the Planet' because the Amazon Rainforest makes over 20% of the world's oxygen.
7. The toucan is the loudest animal in the rainforest, it is said that you can hear a toucan over half a mile away.
8. Approximately 80% of the food we eat originally comes from the Amazon Rainforest. Some of these foods are potatoes, rice, chocolate, tomatoes and pineapples.
9. The Amazon Rainforest is currently under deforestation. If this continues, the rainforest will completely die out during the next 40 years.
10. If the Amazon Rainforest was a country, it would be approximately the 9th largest country in the world.
Those are all of the facts! I hope you found them interesting and you learnt something new!
Leave a comment below please!