Write a letter campaigning to help keep a turtle's sensitive habitat preserved or closed to off road vehicles, and to prevent things such as off shore drilling that can lead to more endangered sea turtle deaths.
There is some really helpful information here about turtle habitats and some great resources from the WWF about how and why turtles are an endangered species.
Write a post, or upload a letter outlining how and why we need to be more considerate of turtles and their habitats.
Letter writing checklist
Image courtesy of Pixabay (Pexels) CC0 Public Domain
- Your school address is put at the top right hand side
- The address of the person receiving the letter goes on the left hand side
- The date
- Greeting — Dear Sir or Madam. You can use the titles Miss, Mrs. or Mr. if you know the name of the person to whom you are writing
- The message/letter content
- Complimentary close — Yours faithfully or Yours sincerely
- Your Name
World Turtle Day ® was founded by American Tortoise Rescue. Find out more at www.worldturtleday.org